Words of wisdom! XX 😚 (Taken with Instagram at Memory Lane)
My 27th birthday brought many new things for me. Some highlights include, but are not limited to:
- Realizing I’m getting older because I became sleepy around 9 P.M. (before it was time to go out drinking) on the day of my birthday, which was a Saturday.
- No longer having the accurate amount of candles on my birthday cake, and not expecting there to be.
- My health insurance premium increasing because supposedly I moved into a new age group… yikes.
- Seeing teenagers hanging around and for some unknown reason, start feeling annoyed of those “youngins”.
- Staying physically fit is becoming much more difficult.
- My "Things to Do Before I Turn 30” list just keeps getting longer.
- Actually beginning to say things like, “Gosh, it’s been ten years since…” (WHAT?? it’s been 10 years?)
Sigh. These particular things can, and probably will, having my sensitive threshold, make me cry at some point. But jokes aside, although I’m poking fun at my non-dignifying aging this year, I have to say that it’s been a rad journey getting to this point. Here are some of the other highlights of what turning 27 has brought me this year:
- Maturing to a state of mind where I’m accepting who I am and what I’m doing at that moment.
- Enjoying the simplicity of what life has to offer- it doesn’t always need to be complicated.
- Doing what makes me happy, and being happy for the right reasons.
- Graciously accepting that every hardship has led me to today, and you know what… it all worked out.
- Feeling old enough to know what truly matters and what doesn’t. "Pick your battles" takes on a new revelation.
- Knowing who your friends are, and why they’re in your life.
- Even though being an adult isn’t as great as it sounded when I was a kid, there are definitely great perks of being one.
- Remembering that the world does not revolve around me. Or you, or you. Or you.
And only greater things lie ahead. I’m big on birthdays, just usually not my own. But this year, I feel strangely sentimental and hmm, wiser? I’ll take my wisdom when I can get it. Now I gotta get back to my “Before I Turn 30” list, so that’s it for now.
Cheers… to future birthdays!